Parenting is tiring. Parenting consumes our being 24/7. Parenting doesn’t take breaks or days off. Add a child with special needs and multiply our worries, jobs and fears by an infinite number. We tend to not schedule time for our own needs, many times, it is due to not only time but money.
So, for the holidays, here is my list of gifts we can give to ourselves, gifts that do not cost money and will provide peace of mind. Try it this week, even it is just one. We deserve this!
1. The Gift Of Saying No. You can say no and set limits for yourself.
2. Give yourself permission to be imperfect.
3. Allow yourself to stop over-thinking everything.
4. Be YOU! Faults and all, embrace who you are.
5. Have Hope . Always have hope.
6. Laugh. It feels good! Laugh with others and alone! Watch the difference it makes.
7. Enjoy what you have, don’t focus on what you don’t.
I hope one or 2 or maybe all 7 of these things will bring you a gift today and every day!