KnowDifferent.net is a site for Special Needs families in Richmond offering:
- Monthly content from trusted community professionals
- Frequently updated calendar of upcoming family-friendly events
- Compelling content from a variety of other Special Needs parents
- Special Needs Star of the Month
- Parent/caregiver resource directory
- Community events (walks, runs etc.)
- And much more!
KnowDifferent.net is a site published by Special Needs mom Carissa Garabedian, publisher of the highly successful family events website Richmond Macaroni Kid for the past four years.
Carissa has demonstrated a recipe of success with Macaroni Kid, connecting countless local businesses with her vast online audience, generating sales leads and new customers for each.
Once we secure the spots for our exclusive first round of advertisers packages will be as follows:
- Leaderboard ad
- Large sidebar ad
- Small sidebar ad
- Editorial content
- Video clip
- Premium business directory listing
- Event calendar listings
Over the course of her ownership, Carissa grew Macaroni Kid to encompass over 4,400 weekly email subscribers and has been named the Best Online Resource by the readers of Style Weekly two years in a row.
Carissa is also a Special Needs parent and advocate with a tremendous passion for making sure ALL kids have access to community resources, no matter their disability. The website will offer things to do, and most importantly help special needs children feel “KnowDifferent”. Although our Special Needs Kids may have different ways of getting things done, these families need to be accepted, be heard and be understood. Her commitment is to do just that!
Intro Package for Advertisers
We are currently seeking 10-12 website advertisers for a special 12 month commitment rate at 50% off.
As an exclusive website launch partner, you will receive the following at a discounted rate:
- Ad on website linking to your business (small sidebar ad)
- Intro article announcing your business’ partnership with KnowDifferent.net
- Monthly editorial content promoting a topic or event of your choosing, or a 30-45 second intro video on your business
- Promotion of company events on community calendar
- Monthly Facebook posting
- Monthly Twitter posting
- Pinned content posted to Special Needs in Richmond Pinterest board
- Premium business listing in the business directory