I created a list of 7 easy ways to add some to your holiday season this year.
- Plan a cookie baking event: You can do this with the pre made slice and bake at the local supermarket, or, start from scratch. Whatever works. You can invite another family if you want to add company too. Most of the fun is in the making, because afterwards, we will start complaining about all we ate!
- Get In pajamas and drive around looking a lights: We love this one, grab some hot chocolate or your children’s favorite drink and get in pajamas to drive around the local neighborhoods and see the lights. No extra noise or people to create distractions.
- Have a slumber party: Plan a night where you get in pajamas and sleep around the Christmas Tree or Menorah. If the change in routine won’t be too disrupting, this could be a fun and easy way to create a new tradition.
- Plan a movie night at home: Do you have a favorite Holiday movie or show? Even if it is a 30 minute classic that you watch 3 times, gather around the TV, with some snacks and blankets and make it an event for your kids.
- Make a photo book together : Take your favorite pictures from the year, with the help of your kids , and get on a website that you can create a memory book. This may end up being the best gift for your child.I have actually used some of these books as an aide in teaching my son lessons during the year.
- Open a gift a little early. Whatever the Holiday is that you celebrate, have a plan to open one earlier. Maybe it can be a gift that will help your child get through the holidays or be a good diversion when it’s a little busier.
- Take a picture together every year.It can be in your pajamas (matching pajamas is another idea!) if you like, it can also be added to your memory book. Having one from every year, will be a great way for your kids to remember the season.
These traditions do not have to be difficult, long or in crowds. These are just a few ideas to get into the spirit and make it as simple as we can for our kids.