We are excited to announce the 2nd Annual West End Orthodontics Turkey Trot, benefiting We Heart Harlie and Friends Foundation! Please plan to join us on Thursday November 28th, 2019 at Crump Park in Glen Allen for a start time of 8:30 am.
- Comparing. A friend recently shared these 3 words with me, “You Do You”! They stuck and I share them with you in hopes that you also see the beauty in these words. Comparing steals the joy of what you do have.
The 2019 JPJF Giving Tree Application presented by
Aetna Better Health of Virginiais OPEN from October 1st – October 22nd
Apply at: www.JPJumPersFoundation.org
2019 JPJF Giving Tree Application Details
Yep, Yep, Yep … It’s that time again. The 2019 Annual JPJF Giving Tree Application presented by Aetna Better Health of Virginia is OPEN. We expect 300 JumPers on the Giving Tree this year, so get your application in. Applications are open from Oct 1-22, the deadline will NOT be extended. When completing the application, know that the following information will be available to the public; First name/Last initial, Age, Gender, Medical Diagnosis, About Me & Gift Options. Make sure everything is spelled correctly and your answer is clear and easy to understand. Here are a few other things you need to know about the 2019 JPJF Giving Tree Application.
1. The applicant must have a Medically Diagnosed Special Needs to qualify to be on the Giving tree. There is NO AGE LIMIT. We accept Infancy to Infinity; children and adults.
2. Gift Option #1 MUST BE $40 OR LESS.
3. List the approximate cost for Gift Options #2 & #3.
4. When completing the “About Me” section, tell us about the person, not the diagnosis.
5. If your name is chosen from the tree, you must attend the Special Needs Talent & Awards Show on 12-14-19 in order to get your gifts.
6. If large items are listed as gift options, you must have a way to get that large item home on 12-14-19, in case it is received. Gifts will NOT be delivered.
The Giving Tree Application is the first of our series of 2019 JPJF Holiday Events. We have our JPJF Giving Tree Live Launch on Nov 16th, the JPJF Wrapping Party on Dec 8th and the JPJF Special Needs Talent & Awards Show on Dec 14th. ALL of our events are FREE to the public, but there is a cost for venues, food, wrapping materials, games, production, U-Haul to transport gifts, etc. Our JPJF Board of Directors are volunteers and we do NOT have paid staff so, 100% of the money you donate, goes directly to the JPJF and the Holiday Events. If you would like to donate, feel free to do via several different platforms at the link below. Our goal is $10,000.
Here are some of my favorite things to make use of~
- Have you tried or heard of Rakuten, Formerly Ebates? I basically get a check sent to me 4 times a year for the shopping I do already! There is no catch and I feel like it is a secret I have to share!
Here is a link to check it out, if you sign up they give you $10.00 in money to get started and then sit back and start collecting! Usually around holidays, many stores double the amount they give you back .
The Great RVA Bake Off
NMP will partnering with Westover Hills United Methodist Church to transform the former parsonage house into a bakery and coffee shop that is open to all. The space will serve as a training and employment site for NMP’s students. It is set to open next fall (read more below).
A FUNdraiser will be held on October 27th from 1:00-4:00 pm at the Church, with proceeds going towards the bakery program.
Our well-known friends in the Greater Richmond Community will serve as Celebrity Bakers and team up with our current Student Bakers for a live bake off. Katie Ukrop, Robey Martin, William Martin, Todd Waldo, Roll with Cole & Charisma, and Christina Dick are all participating. Reba Hollingsworth of WTVR CBS 6 News will emcee.
Jay Metzler from Idle Hands Bread Company, Jared Golden from the Richmond Restaurant Group, Eileen Mellon of Richmond magazine, and Laura Ingles (formerly of Style) have signed on to be our judges. The theme is childhood favorites. One team will be crowned the Champions and another will win the Crowd Favorite Category.
Great food will be donated by our friends at WPA Bakery, Montana Gold Bread Co., Richmond Restaurant Group, Early bird Biscuit co, Jae’s Cakes, and Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods with beverages provided by The Veil and Buskey Cider.
Tickets are $20 for adults and free admission for kids under 10: https://thegreatrvabakeoff.eventbrite.com
You know how symptoms come and go and when it is time to talk to a doctor about them , you cannot recall? Well this app keeps track of it all.