I cannot believe it is September. I keep asking myself where the time has gone and when Summer will be happening. The answer to that, is Sumer 2020 is over and we are moving ahead. Now in our home, we are preparing for virtual learning and all of the challenges that will come with that. For me, it will be the continued struggle of time and schedule. I “work from home” and love what I do on this site, but time has not been easy to find. Like many of you, the need to add therapies and schooling at home has happened, but nothing has been taken away. Food shopping, cooking and all needed in running the home still have to happen. How are you finding ways to fit all the extra in? I would love to know. Please send me some ideas! There have been many challenges thrown at all of us since March. I have shared month after month, that our focus is to stay healthy and safe- so now we will be continuing to push ahead.
I am finding myself really worried about virtual school, but am ready to give it my best and my all for our guy. On the days that I start overthinking how I am going to make it work and how I am going to be computer bound 7 hours a day – 5 days a week- I STOP- remind myself to breathe and then I tell myself to stay in the moment. Focus on the now. Breathe again. Let’s breathe together! For those that have kids headed back to school, I am sure the challenges will still be there, so please take the time to take care of you too!
I have some tips for virtual learning and more resources to share with you as well as great info from our site sponsors. Our “Get To KNOW Me Form” may be a great tool to send to all teachers and add some info about yourself too, if you will be virtually learning with your child.
We will continue with a monthly email for now, skipping a mid month here will allow me to have a little more time to adjust to our new schedule. We will continue to update on our Facebook page and website daily. many of these webinars are FREE and offer great info. If you have one to add, please get in touch.
- Some Tips For Virtual Learning – From A Mom Figuring It Out( Or Trying )
- Medical Home Plus Shares Reminders And Tips For IEP’s During The Pandemic
- Organize Your IEP and 504 Binder0 Wednesday 9/2/20
- Spot On Therapy Talks About Movement. Movement Matters
- Jacob’s Chance Day Programs- Fall 2020 Session 1
- International Friend Day- Live Stream
- AVEANNA Offers Physical Therapy
- SOAR365’s Virtual Internship Opportunities
- DSAGR’s Step UP for Down Syndrome Virtual 3.21K & Live Car Parade Festival News
- PEATC Join PEATC’s 4 session interactive student program where we will learn about planning for life after high school.
- PEATC’s What’s In My IEP? – Student Consults- 9/3/2020
- COVID-19 Resources for Parents, Families, and Caregivers
- PEATC ‘S Parental Rights in Dispute Resolution WEBINAR
- Faison Center is SO thankful for everyone who helped launch The Safe Rideshare Program
- Next Steps Free Consultation Services
- Dominion Youth Services NO Wait For ABA Services in Chesterfield
- Virginia Family Dentistry – Open For Your Dental Needs
- PEATC Back To School Planning Guide- GREAT TOOLS INCLUDED~!
- Richmond Autism Integration Services Programs
- Step Up on the Runway! Virtual Fashion Show- JOIN IN!
- Healing Sounds Fall Programs
School information links below –
- Henrico County
- Chesterfield County
- Hanover County
- Powhatan County
- Northstar Academy
- Faison Center
- Richmond Public Schools
- Lynnhaven Acadmey
- Goochland County
KnowDifferent.net is a site for all special need families that have to do anything “KNOWdifferently”. No matter what the diagnosis, our site will offer you a place to learn, a place to share and a place to feel KnowDifferent.We have some great community events coming up, be sure to check our calendar frequently as we add to it daily. Some more detailed info is included here about Winter sessions for our kids to keep busy as well.
To our readers, we thank you for being a part of our network. To our sponsors, we thank you for trusting our platform to help make a difference. To our community, we are so grateful for you all and look forward to growing together.
Be sure to check the site and Facebook to stay up to date. If you have anything you want to share or add, please get in touch. This site is for you, we need to and want to know what works! You can email Carissa or Tricia.
With Gratitude and Commitment,