During the last few months, I found some pleasure in cooking ( recipes will come back soon, I never wrote anything down – so I cannot share) . I also read some great books and played some games and got some new gadgets! Feel free to browse and gather some ideas. I wish I would have shared sooner, but I just wasn’t gathering my thoughts all together.
BOOKS- These are a few that I have read in the last few months , will share more next month. I have only done mindless reading and have been enjoying many YA novels
- With the Fire on High 1st Edition by Elizabeth Acevedo (Author)- I loved this one, a teenager who got pregnant in her freshman year and has to continue making the tough decisions—doing what has to be done for her daughter and her grandma . Centered around cooking and family!
- As Bright As Heaven by Susan Meissner (Author) So relatable and it did not make me uneasy. A novel based on the pandemic of 1918 – the Spanish Flu, I did not know anything about it , but it really was a good read!
- All Adults Here: A Novel by Emma Straub (Author) This was an easy read, likable characters focusing on aging parents and grown siblings. I enjoyed it.
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley (Author) I always love stories that take place in book shops, this is one of them. It also had such thought provoking moments for me and a beautiful love story.
- All We Ever Wanted: A Novel by Emily Giffin (Author) Very relevant to current times in the days of social media and the permanence of a picture that only takes a second to impact so many lives with so many consequences. I also enjoyed this
- Dominoes An easy, family friendly, fast game that brings you together and teaches some math skills too! I love this and played it as a kid!
- Coloring by number – we tried one like this, it was harder for me than I would like to admit. I think I am more of a freestyle colorer, but many really love it
- TableTopics Best Things Ever: Questions to Start Great Conversations an easy way to bring family together for some fun and thoughtful conversation. You do not have to use this set, you can make up your own as well.
- Trapp 7 oz Poured Candle No. 13 Bob’s Flower Shoppe A really nice aroma and I like the glass jar too!
- Milk Frother Handheld Foam Maker for Lattes – Whisk Drink Mixer for Coffee, Mini Foamer for Cappuccino, Frappe, Matcha, Hot Chocolate by Milk Boss (Black) An easy way to make a professional latte and keep the money in your wallet! 🙂
- Pantry organizer– Yes, I did this during this pandemic. I am enjoying knowing where all my stuff is! If you want to see a pic, I am happy to share! these fit perfectly in my pantry and hold and categorize it all! I used 2 sets
- Knife set ( less than $20) – I love this set, I bought one years ago at Marshall’s and found this set – it cleans easily, the colors make me smile and my son is learning to cook with me and the small one has been great.
I have purchased all of these and as an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases.