|As we face the reality of the Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19), JPJF has moved to virtual interaction with the community for all activities. We know the special needs community is having a very hard time coping with the abrupt and severe schedule changes that have been happening over the past few weeks. In an attempt to help our community deal with these changes, we are offering some activities and resources that will help you create a personal schedule. Our goal is to help you create some routines for you and your loved one(s) with special needs. You don’t have to do everything on this engagement page, but these are at least some options. Resources, ideas and suggestions noted on this website vary and come from the JPJF and other organizations. It is important that students and adults mimic their daily schedule as it existed before this pandemic as much as possible. Look for our suggestions on how to handle this pandemic and other resources under one of the following categories on our website www.JPJumPersFoundation.org:
Explaining the Coronavirus
Health, Movement & Fitness
School & Food Bank Update
JPJF Daily Engagement
Individual, Family and Group Activities
Newsletters and Resources
Non-Profit Community Partner Donations
on our website www.JPJumPersFoundation.org:
The JPJF Daily Engagement Schedule is listed below. Today is Monday so the JPJF will host a family friendly movie via our Netflix Party at 7pm. You can watch the movie with us from your computer and chat by typing your response with others in the chatroom while watching. This is the first time we are doing this so there may be some issues to work out, but we’ll make it work. Look for information via text, email and social media post on how to join us later today.
- MONDAY – Movie Night (JPJF NetFlix Party or you choose a separate movie for you and your family and watch it together).
- TUESDAY – JPJF Challenges (Indoor/Outdoor Scavenger Hunt, Virtual Races/Obstacle Courses, Facebook Live Challenge Battles, etc.)
- WEDNESDAY – Family Wheels Night (Bikes, Skating, Scooters, Skateboards, etc.)
- THURSDAY – Game/Coloring Night (Video Games, Board Games, Made-Up Games, Download & Print adult/children coloring pages and have a coloring contest etc.)
- FRIDAY – Karaoke Night (Download a Karaoke App and sing your heart out as a soloist, duet or group)
- SATURDAY – Fitness Night (Set a distance goal and take a walk around your neighborhood)
- SUNDAY – Family Cooking Night (Choose a recipe that would allow everyone to do something)
- ONE DAY A WEEK (TBD) – JPJF Club Quarantine LIVE with Guest DJ’s via song request from Group Homes and Special Needs Families. This will be hosted on Facebook or Instagram LIVE.
If you have ideas you’d like to share that have been helpful for your family, please share with us via email at info@JPJumPersFoundation.org. We are all in this together! Stay home so we can get through this and get back to our lives as we know it. This was certainly not what we planned, but this is what is happening. Take it seriously. We’ll see you again when all this is over. Stay Safe, Be Well and Take Care of yourselves and your family.
As always, thanks for “JumPing In”!!
JP JumPers Foundation
Executive Director & Founder