Jacob’s Chance wants you to know we are here for you!
Please see the below from The Art’s with Jacob’s Chance!
Good afternoon Jacob’s Chance families!
I hope you are all staying safe, healthy, and finding ways to keep busy while spending time with each other. I’m Brooke Cable, Arts Director for Jacob’s Chance, and I’m exited to introduce first-ever virtual programming offered through Facebook live! These sessions are catered towards all of our participants and their families.
Sessions will begin 3/23 and are completely FREE! For the next several weeks we’re currently offering programs Monday-Thursday that include: music, art, dance, and culinary arts. We will announce the details of each program the weekend prior.
This week, we’re excited to present:
Monday 3/23 at 2pm: Name That Tune with Brooke!
Come ready to test your knowledge of some classic favorites played on surprise featured instruments!
Tuesday 3/24 at 10am: Art with Alexis!
We are going to paint a beautiful spring meadow using an unusual everyday object: a fork!
– Paint (Blue, White, Dark Green, Light Green, a few bright colors like red, yellow, pink, purple, and/or orange)
– Plastic fork
– Paper plate for the paint
– Paper (needs to be heavy duty like cardstock or watercolor paper)
– 2 Paint brushes – a big brush (must have!) and a small brush (you can use Q-Tips instead!)
– Cup of water
– Paper towels to dry wet brushes and wipe the fork
– Newspaper or something similar to cover the table where you are painting
Wednesday 3/25 at 2pm: Dance with Debbie!
Clear some space in your living room and get ready to learn the Boot Scootin’ Boogie!
Thursday 3/26 at 3:30pm: Cooking with Lyn and Emily!
Learn to make an easy no bake chocolate mousse pie!
1. Pre made graham cracker pie crust
2. Small chocolate pudding mix
3. 2 cups milk
4. Frozen whipped topping (cool whip) thawed
1. Mixing bowl
2. Measuring cup
4. Large spoon
Make sure you’ve liked “Jacob’s Chance Programs Go Live” on Facebook, and check the page at the start of each program to find the live video.
We hope you’ll join us for as many sessions as possible! If you can’t make the live session, the videos will remain on Facebook to view on your own time.
Stay tuned for updates on programming for each week. See you there!
*** An additional update on The Arts with Jacob’s Chance music participants: Andrew and Brooke will begin to offer virtual music sessions through Zoom on Monday, April 6th. More information to come! ***