I do not consider myself a baker, and am happy to share this is EASY!
I hope you enjoy it! I included a link for the pan I used too.
This is the 9 inch springform pan I used and it makes all the difference.
- 10 oz good quality dark chocolate – I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate
- 9 oz butter I used Kerrygold salted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 7 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectionary sugar to use on top of cake after baking
- fresh berries to serve with – optional
- whip cream or ice cream as a side- optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- line the bottom of the spring form pan with parchment paper and grease or spray the sides
- melt the chocolate and butter together on stove on medium heat until all combined
- remove from heat and add in sugar , stir until all blended and let sit for about 2 minutes
- add the eggs, one at a time and until each one is blended in. With each egg being added, you will find the batter getting thicker, richer and darker
- stir in the vanilla and salt, mix all together
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes. The torte may crack a little and will still be jiggly in the center. That is ok
- Let it sit in pan for about 15 minutes and then take out of pan.
- Once cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy
You will not need a lot of this, it is rich and delicious!
*this post may contain affiliate links- I will only share what I love though