For many of us, school has reached the halfway mark, Winter is here and we need some fun ideas to get through this season.I have come up with some fun local things to do as well as some simple fun around the house. I am not so secretly wishing for a snow storm.
I hope you enjoy this list!
- Check out our Pinterest Board of indoor fun
- Treat yourself to a manicure or pedicure. Ask for an extra minute of a massage 🙂
- Try an escape room. They come in all difficulty levels and are time limited. We tried Raven & Gnome for the first time and it was fun.
- Try a local coffee shop, one you haven’t been to yet. Two of my fave’s are Shore Dog and Cafeespresso.
- February 17th is National Random Acts of Kindness Day. Do something to spread some kindness!
- February 20th is National Love Your Pet Day, so a little extra TLC for yours or maybe a visit to your local shelter to give some love.
- Take a new fitness class. Many offer the first for free, give it a shot and see if you like it!
- Go through your closet and choose items that you no longer wear and donate them to a local thrift store.
- It’s a Leap Year. Write down 29 things you’re grateful and thankful for, save it and read it next year too!
- February 9th is National Pizza Day, buy pizza dough and get the whole family on board to make pizza with your fave toppings.
- Grab the kids and go on a nature walk. bundle up and head outside. Collect some leaves and rocks while enjoying the sounds and birds in nature. Use the leaves later this month to make a collage. A local easy trail would be fun too, check out Deep Run Park.
- February 14 is Valentine’s Day, there are so many different ways to celebrate, a romantic date to a girls or kids night . Make a countdown to Valentine’s Day with 14 love notes to your kids and partner, write them and put them in a jar to have them read one a day.
- Celebrate Black History month, how about trying a new soul food recipe or a local restaurant you haven’t tried, like Mama J’s or Southern Soul. Locally, also check out a museum like VMFA or Black History Museum and Cultural Center of Virginia
- Start planning something fun for Spring Break. Even if planning a warm vacation is not happening, you can plan great day trips locally. We will be sharing some next month too!