This Valentine’s Day, put some of the focus on you. Take a little time to Love Yourself! Don’t wait for someone else to get or do for you.
Here is a list of simple and lovely ideas to get you started. You deserve it! I deserve it! Let’s do it!
- Buy yourself flowers . Put them in a vase and keep them close by to you.
- Grab a blanket and take a nap. Even if it is only ten minutes.
- Plan a date with a friend at a time that works for you. Breakfast, Dessert, whatever works best for you.
- Play some music, if it dance music- then dance! If it is classical, sit and listen to it, really listen to it.
- Write a note to yourself, in it write 3 things you love about you!
- Read a book. Try to fit it in a few times a week. If the book you choose isn’t clicking, put it down and grab another.
- Take a bath
- Take a walk
- Call a friend or family member you have not spoken to in a while, one that makes you smile
- Do something on your bucket list. Don’t have one? Make one and then figure out which you can cross off.
- Go through your social media accounts and “clean up” what you don’t need
- Forgive someone , let that go. It feels so good.
- Get all dressed up in your favorite outfit. For “NO GOOD REASON”. The supermarket is a fine place to go !
- Say NO, if you don’t want to, don’t. It is ok to set that limit.
- Light candles at dinner and use your “good dishes”
- Have a spa day at home. Super affordable and fun. Hair mask, face mask, body scrub .. do it all !
- Go to the movies. See that movie on your list, and get popcorn
These are some of the things that will make me happy and help me with taking care of me. I obviously won’t get them done in one day or one week, but having it written down will serve as a reminder of them all and help me to make myself a priority.
I hope you make a list and make yourself a priority too. You are so deserving.