Thanksgiving will be here before you know it, it is one of my favorite holiday’s to celebrate. There are no presents to wrap, we are surrounded by friends and family and sharing delicious food. Kids are off from school and the Fall weather is here! Thanksgiving is such a special time because we have time to think of all he gifts we are surrounded with in life.
This list is a simple one, it is a list that came to my mind quickly when I thought about what we can all be thankful for. Some are silly and some may seem basic, but, they all are gifts. They are in no particular order!
When you go around your table this Thanksgiving and share what you’re thankful for, here is a start.. I know we can add more. What would you add?
1. Elastic Waist Pants
2. Holiday Movies
3. Everyone gathered around my table
4. Coffee & Wine. In no particular order & not mixed together
5. The friends that call to say hello
6. My dishwasher
7. My children
9. My Good Reads book list
11. The phone calls to friends and family that should happen more often, but don’t
12. Our Thankful jar that we do before dinner
13. The Dog Show on Thanksgiving morning
14. An advent calendar
15. All of the sides that will be on our table – some that come from generations ago
16. My family that I cannot be with but we can face time
17. The stories we will share during dinner
18. My couch after dinner
19. Cream puffs
20. My leftover Halloween candy- yup, I have that!
21. A hug from someone I love
22. Decorating the mantle the day after Thanksgiving
23. My husband
24. Game night
26. The first holiday cards arrival
27. Blankets and pillows
28. All of the life experiences that have helped to form me into the person I am today
29. Marky’s perspective to remind me of the things that matter and to hold onto the simplicity in every day.
Wishing you joy, laughter, love, a meal with loved ones and simplicity. Simplicity is what we all need a little more of.