With Spring Break coming up, many kids will miss the routine of school every day. It also may be helpful for them to have some time that they are learning while home in order to keep some of that routine happening.
Here are 5 simple ideas to incorporate into your time off. Some can be done even if traveling and away. Others may be easier if home.
- Play games. Puzzles, card games, tic tac toe. All of these will allow taking turns, teach colors, numbers and more.
- Have a cooking class at home . You will have the fun of cooking, which involves measuring and fractions. There can be some sensory fun as well with mixing . You may not even eat what you make, but I guarantee some smiles!
- Use apps and websites .There are so many sites that incorporate learning and make it fun. Ask your child’s teacher for suggestions or if they have any they would like you to use. We love the quizlets made for our son and he enjoys mastering them!
- Take a walk and incorporate nature into Science & fitness. Walking will add some exercise to your day, the fresh air will feel good and along the way you may see some leaves, insects, birds and more that our child will enjoy. Grab a few of the leaves and make an art project with them for another idea.
- Go to a museum . Check out your local museum for any fun interactive exhibits. Many even are offering sensory friendly days now.
- Go to your local library and see if any craft projects are set or just grab a few books and sit together. The library will also teach using quiet voices., you can also rent a movie while here and watch it together then talk about what you learned from it. Drawing the lesson learned as another option.
There are some ways to keep the learning fun and maybe a bit more creative. I hope you find them helpful.