We all know the importance of taking care of ourselves and finding time to be with our partner. It is not easy to arrange, or even find a sitter, add the fatigue we experience to this, and the couch looks better and better! But, we need to find the time and get some creativity to keep the spark alive. We need to forget that the mess and that some chaos may be there when we get home and enjoy one another for a little while and get out!
Here are some ideas I came up with for daytime activities, while the kids are in school, so a sitter may not be needed.
- Take an afternoon nap at a hotel, while the kids are in school, ask for an early check in and order room service!
- Go to a matinee and get that popcorn! If you fall asleep, so what!
- Get a massage together. Many places offer mid week specials.
- Take a walk at your local mall and hold hands .
- Go out to a fancy lunch, at a really nice restaurant! The cost will be better too, since it is not dinner time.
I know we tell ourselves and others how important it is to take care of us, so I hope these ideas show you it is possible and offer some creativity for you to give it a shot!
If anyone does any of these, or has another idea to add, please let me know ! I would love to hear them!