The weather in Fall is perfect for outdoor time. Here is a “Bucket List” of many ideas of things to do. Pick and choose a few that feel good for you. Some actually an incorporate some sensory/ tactile techniques too.
1. Rake the leaves and jump in them when you are done.
2. Play blow the leaf. Grab a straw and a leaf and blow it across the table.
3. Arts with leaves and other Fall items. Grab some leaves, acorns, small rocks and get creative. Tracing leaves, making a person out of leaves- draw a body and have your child fill it in with all the objects as well as some crayons to color.
4. Go on a walk/ nature hunt. While taking a walk, look around and note the colors, any birds or other sounds. Take a few deep breaths to take it all in. You can make this a scavenger hunt too if you like, have your child find objects along the way .
5. Paint a pumpkin or Carve a pumpkin. Put them out on display, your kids will love it.
6. Make a bonfire and have dinner on the grass, if you have a hammock , swing a little.
7. Make a game night, any game- even a puzzle and it does not have to be for long.
8. Make a make movie night and have it be extra special with popcorn and other fun snacks
9. Doing that bonfire? Then make smores while you have it going!
10. Explore a new park, have you been to ARC yet?
11. Go apple picking. Which then of course mean you will need to bake apple pies! Make a bunch, then freeze some.
12. Use some apples to make apple prints
13. Spend some time with classic books and do some reading.
14. Start a memory jar , throw in some special moments and keep it going. Be sure you write the year. If you re anything like me, you will forget when it happened.
15. Go to a pumpkin patch. Take some pics, one may be perfect for your holiday photo.
These are just some ideas to get out and enjoy this season with your kids. If you have others, we’d love to hear them.