We are caretakers, caregivers, listeners and doers. It is not often that we get to be alone and enjoy it. Most of my alone time is spent folding laundry or sorting it! I have created a list of suggested ideas of things to do with a little alone time. I’m starting simple/small and keeping costs low so that this is attainable for all of us.
I am going to share when I succeed in each of these goals and may even have a part 2 in May for those that want to try to achieve this list in 6 months.
- Go to a bookstore. Walk around and grab a few books that were on your list, sit a minute and open them up to see which one captures you the most. Buy it.
- Go for a walk. Not to burn calories or to buy milk. Just to walk. If it’s cold, bundle up . Feel the air, look at the trees, notice the clouds. Breathe. Breathe again, a little deeper.
- Take a bath. If you already have your book, bring it. If you don’t want to read, that is ok. Let your body relax and enjoy the warmth of the water. Dim the lights or shut them. Light a candle for an aroma and peaceful setting.
- Watch a movie that has been on your list. Do it in the middle of the day, grab a blanket and tissues if needed!
- Use your “good china”. Why not? What are you waiting for? I plan on having breakfast on it and drinking Orange Juice in my champagne glasses. Really, what good is it having things that you don’t use? Enjoy it all, make it matter!
- Read that book. The one you bought at the bookstore, enjoy every chapter.
- Call a friend. Hear their voice and laugh, or cry. Feel it all and hang up knowing you are loved and matter.
- Play some music and dance. ALONE and make it loud! I guarantee you will smile. I have been known to do this and my playlist is old 70’s disco!
Now, make a date with yourself for next month, write it in ink, and make it matter for you.